Saturday, December 5, 2009

Brrrr it's cold out here.... O, E, O, E ice, ice,ice

It's currently 36 degrees in Atlanta and I can't take it!  My fingers are chilled, toes feeling frost bit, the tip of my nose is colder than Frosty's, and my chattering teeth just need lyrics to accompany them.  I am so super cold and my mind won't stop thinking about the temperatures ahead of me.  If I can't handle this bit of chill down here in the dirty, dirty, how will I be able to handle New York smack dab in the beginning of winter!?!  I can't remember how I did it the first time around as a New York city resident, only can remember that it indeed was dreadfully cold.  I'm putting together my "must haves" for the winter wardrobe and here are a few of the looks that I'm thinking will keep me warm and of course keep me fly.

I like the yellow coat to add a pop of color to a dreary season.  This way there is sunshine daily.  The black coats are versatile options that can be worn over casual attire and office wear.


These two faux fur options will keep me as toasty as the rabbits that the look emulates.  The second hat is easily transferable as a scarf which adds versatility to a chick on a budget's wardrobe.  The cotton beret is every fashionable girl's winter must have.


Rain boots are gonna be the best option to keep my toes warm when I'm trudging along the city streets in 20 degree weather in search for the perfect uptown abode.  I'll toss on a pair of cashmere socks and should be in good shape to face the city chill.

By the way, being from Michigan doesn't automatically make my skin thick to sustain winter weather!  Cold is cold and I have never gotten used to that.


Images:  urbanoutfitters.com, shopbop.com, neimanmarcus.com, victoriassecret.com, and style.com

No comments: